Saturday, June 27, 2020

June 27, 2020

So, this is interesting. A few weeks ago a musician contacted me to do some research for him; he had had a music website years ago and he forgot all about it, and didn't renew the domain. There was a lot of content on it that he had not saved that he needed, and he was willing to pay good money to retrieve as much of it as possible. I told him about the Internet Archive but he didn't have the time or patience to mess with it, so I accepted the gig.

After a week of working on the project, for a couple of hours a day, I was able to retrieve all of his text content (the most important thing he wanted), several photos, etc. Most photos were gone but he had access to places online to retrieve those.

It was a satisfying project because if there is one thing I love, it's research and the thrill of the hunt! Plus it paid good to have fun!

"Breakaway Face" by John Rosemond and Mystery Train.
This is one of just 1000 copies pressed. It was my first
exposure to a NC band that I had never heard of before.
I started thinking about a music website I did for author John Rosemond when I was working for him. I wondered if it was still available and so I did what any good researcher would do--I went a'searchin'! And I found almost all of the text content (no photos except the one of his CD cover). And even one of the songs is playable!

Here is the song that is playable: I'd Rather You Left.

His discography is at these two links:
Discography Part One

Discography Part Two


I remember one of the band members telling me about a bass line in UFOria, about who's idea it was; that's in the discography, too.

This is the link to the main page of the site: Bobotunes Notice my name is on the pages, when we lived in the house before the one we live in now.

I especially like the discography pages, as I love to know how songs are conceived and birthed.

It was fun digging this up, just to see if I could. I haven't gone through more links and stuff. Research is probably my most favorite thing to to, and it's a nice bonus when I get paid to do it!


Poems/prose on this site are original works, copyrighted Julie P. Clark 2020, and may not be used without permission. DISCLAIMER: Poems and commentary should not be taken to mean any person living, dead, or otherwise.

No comments: